Configuring Email Using Your Blackberry
This page describes how to configure an email account on your Blackberry. Note that in this example, we are using “mydomain.com” as a sample domain. Please substitute your domain name and user account accordingly.
- From your BlackBerry home screen, select the BlackBerry Set-up icon, then choose “Personal Email Set-up.” (On older devices, just look for the Personal Email Set-up icon.)
- Select Personal Email Set-up.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- On the ‘Email Account Set-up’ page, enter your full email address (including ‘@mydomain.com’) but leave the ‘Password:’ field blank, thens select Next.
- You’ll see a screen that says ‘We were unable to configure [firstname.lastname@example.org].’ Select “I will provide the settings to add this email account”, then Next.
- Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Press Next.
- Select “I will provide the settings to add this email account”, then Next.
- You’ll see ‘The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [email@example.com] email account.’ Select Provide The Settings to continue.
- In the ‘User name:’ field, enter your full email address (including ‘@mydomain.com’). Next, enter your password in the ‘Password:’ field.
- In the ‘Email server:’ field, enter your domain name (such as: ‘mail.mydomain.com’), then select Next.
- If IMAP access was successfully configured, select OK.
- Below your newly added email address, select Edit.
- Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
- Make sure the port is set to ‘993’ and ‘Use SSL’ is set to ‘Yes.’
- Select Save.